1. Cadgwith Cove Cottages act as letting agents on behalf of the owners. Each booking contract is between the accommodation owner and the renting client. It comes into operation when the agent issued a booking confirmation.
2. Bookings must be made on the enclosed form and accompanied by one third of the rental. This is a non-refundable deposit. If a booking is made less than 28 days before the holiday commences then the full rent is due at the time of booking. Cheques are made payable to Cadgwith Cove Cottages Ltd. Payment by debit or credit card is accepted but a surcharge of 2% is applied to credit card payments. No booking confirmation will be issued until the required payment has been received and cheques cleared.
3. Once the booking is received the clients are liable for payment for the balance of the rent plus any additional charges four weeks before the holiday.
4. Lettings commence at 3 pm on the first day of the tenancy and end at 10 am on the day of departure unless notified otherwise. Under no circumstances may more people or pets, other than those notified to Cadgwith Cove Cottages, occupy the property.
5. The client undertakes to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition. A Security Deposit of £100.00 is taken 28 days before the holiday begins. This is held on the owner’s behalf to cover any costs of repairs, replacements or additional cleaning charges if the property is left in an unsatisfactory condition. The client is responsible for the property and its contents and therefore if any damage is found on arrival, the client should inform the caretaker immediately so that steps can be taken to rectify this. Also, on departure, all damages/breakages/losses should be reported to the caretaker. The client agrees to allow the owner and the agent reasonable access to the property during their stay. The Security Deposit usually covers all breakages/damages/losses but the client will be liable for any cost incurred over and above the Security Deposit limit. If there are no such costs, the Security Deposit will be refunded within 28 days of the end of the holiday.
6. If, for any reason beyond the owner’s control (e.g. fire damage), the property is not available on the date booked, all payments will be refunded in full, but the client shall have no further claim. In the case of a Force Majeure the agent or owner cannot accept responsibility or liability for any alterations, delay or cancellation or any other loss or damage caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, epidemics, acts of any government or public authority or any other event outside our control.
7. In the event of cancellation prior to the start of the holiday a guest must notify Cadgwith Cove Cottages in writing (“Cancellation Notice”). Once a cancellation is made then a cancellation charge is payable dependant on the number of days before the holiday start date that the Cancellation Notice is received by Cadgwith Cove Cottages. 0 – 13 days – 100%, 13 – 27 days – 75%, 28 days or more – deposit only. Guests are strongly advised to take out cancellation insurance.
8. Acceptance of a reservation by Cadgwith Cove Cottages confers on the clients the right to occupy the property for a holiday within the meaning of Section 9 of the Rent Act 1977.
9. Where pets are allowed, the client will be liable for all additional costs of repair, replacements and extra cleaning resulting for their pets. Pets must never be left unaccompanied in a property at any time. There is a pet charge of £30.00 per week/ short break.
10. Any complaints must be notified to the owner or caretaker immediately so that on-the-spot remedial action can be taken if needed. If any complaint is not dealt with to the client’s satisfaction, the agent should then be contacted. In no circumstances will compensation be made for complaints made after the tenancy has ended. A full description of our Complaints Procedure is placed in every property, and is available on request.
11. The agent reserves the right not to accept bookings from groups of single persons under the age of 25, and all male or all female parties.
12. If the client fails to observe any of the conditions, the owner or the agent reserves the right to require the client to vacate the property at once without any compensation.
13. In the event of a change to any booking the Agent will reserve the right to charge a £25 amendment fee.