Please find below some useful owner information if you are thinking of renting your property through us, alternatively just give us a call and we will be happy to have a chat about what we can offer...
The company was established in 1995 when Cadgwith Cove Cottages began as a very small agency based on the idea of providing a very local friendly service. Since then the agency has developed and more properties have been added all over the Lizard Peninsula.
We still strive to achieve that personal service and yet endeavour to make sure we are a relevant modern and progressive business keeping our owners up to date on all new ideas and keeping up with new technological innovations. For example, in 2012, we have introduced a new web linked booking system, to work with this new web site.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM OUR OWNERS
Our experience has shown that owners are usually very proud of their properties and keep them clean and tidy and in a good state of repair. It is important to maintain our high standards as there is a lot of choice for customers on the market. A great deal of our custom is from repeat bookings and we aim to carry on keeping our regular customers happy so they will continue to return.
Every year we carry out inspections and on every property, and we are inspected by VisitEngland every year to renew our status as a Quality Accredited Agency. This ensures that we can advertise in tourist board brochures and on their websites, therefore our owners do not need to undertake the considerable expense of having their property individually inspected by VisitEngland.
When we visit a new property we will advise you on all aspects of holiday letting from your statutory duties to advice on furniture and fittings. We will give you information about our pricing policy and will give you an idea about how many weeks we would expect to book so you can estimate your potential income. We will send you regular updates on your bookings and payments we receive on a monthly basis.
We will share with you the customer feedback we receive, and send you an annual summary. We will suggest any improvements, for instance we have more and more requests for WiFi.
WHAT WE DO
Many of our guests are repeat customers.
Most of our marketing is now on-line and we can also be found on very large national websites where there are links to our own.
Social media is very important - our main portal is Facebook and we also provide a monthly newsletter to our clients. We have almost 5000 e-mail addresses on our database.
We also advertise in magazines such as Coast and Country Living.
We spend a lot of time analysing the best marketing strategy. Our main focus is to continue to offer a great product to fulfil our customers’ expectations.
We also find that our advertisement leaflets to be foundin boxes in Cadgwith Cove and also in the main car park are very beneficial.
For owners that do not reside locally, a housekeeper must be employed who will clean the property before and after each set of visitors. An initial thorough spring clean before the start of the holiday season is essential.
Cleaning must always be done to the highest standards. Attention to detail is extremely important. We ask that care is taken to ensure the cupboards, drawers, bins etc. are completely clean and empty and any inventory items that are broken or missing are reported to the owner promptly and replaced.
The housekeeper is responsible for those very first impressions and so we ask that our cottages provide fresh flowers and a welcome tea tray. It is very much up to the owner if they want to add any little extras, some include freshly baked cakes or a bottle of wine. The housekeeper should then visit the guests after they have arrived to check all is well. This enhances our customer care and, we often meet our guests in and around the village.
It might be necessary to employ a CARETAKER in addition to a housekeeper. It is his/her responsibility to ensure that the condition of the property is maintained and that they are available to attend to any emergency breakdowns. His/her address and telephone number must be given to visitors as the first contact in the event of complaints or queries. It is the caretaker’s job to deal with any complaints as quickly as possible. Every cottage has a complaints procedure as we are unable to deal with any complaints after the holiday has taken place.
Below is a sample contract between owners and ourselves.
between Cadgwith Cove Cottages Ltd and The Owner named below for the period
1st January 2022 to 31st December 2022
Name and Address of Owner:
The Property name and address:
- Cadgwith Cove Cottages Ltd (The Agent) will act as the letting agents on The Owner’s behalf for the above property at the agreed tariff.
- The Agent will charge 12% commission on all bookings made on The Owner’s behalf. In addition to the agreed tariff there will be a booking fee of £25 per week on each booking. There is a VAT charge on the commission.
- The Owner has the right to make his/her own bookings provided that they confirm with The Agent in advance that the accommodation is vacant, and provided that they notify The Agent when such bookings are confirmed. The Owner will be responsible for dealing with any consequences of double bookings that result from failing to consult and inform the Agent. The Owners will be responsible for any problems arising from their own bookings.
- The Agent will forward monthly statements to the Owners showing details of bookings, payments received, and monies due, if there is any outstanding.
- The Agent will take a Security Deposit for every booking they make and return it to visitors as appropriate. Should any charges arise for damage, extra cleaning or linen then this will be deducted from the Security Deposit and forward it to The Owner. The Owner is liable for any damage or loss arising from bookings they have taken themselves.
- The Owner is liable for any defects in the fabric and contents of the property including electrical wiring and plumbing. The Owner is also responsible for arranging that an appropriate level of caretaking, cleaning and maintenance is undertaken at all times. If The Agent is required to organise or provide any of these services, The Agent reserves the right to charge The Owner for such service.
- The Owner agrees to satisfy all legal requirements in respect of furnished holiday lettings.
- In the event of booking cancellation, The Agent will use their best endeavour to secure full payment on behalf of The Owner, however this cannot be guaranteed.
Cadgwith Cove Cottages Ltd
On the following pages there is a minimum inventory; property requirements and, some helpful hints.
Please let us know if you require any further information.